Saturday, March 15, 2014
DAY 8 MISSING MH370-777-200 MALAYSIAN PLANE CALLED DELIBERATE ACT
OTHER MALAYSIA MISSING PLANE STORIES
SEARCH FOR THE PLANE YOURSELF-HERE
FLIGHTWARE-LIVE FLIGHT TRACKING
THE MISSING PLANE MH370 SITUATION AT 6:20AM SAT MAR 15,2014
THERE SAYING FOR SURE IT WAS A DELIBERATE ACT.THEY ARE LOOKING REALLY DEEP IN TO THE INDIAN OCEAN NOW.THERE SAYING THE PLANE WENT 7 HOURS NOW NOT JUST 5 HOURS.AND THERE TALKING ABOUT KAZAHKSTAN MIGHT HAVE SOME CONNETION NOW ALSO.THERE SAYING THE PLANE WAS HIJACKED FOR SURE NOW.THE SEARCH IS NOW IN THE AREA WERE I KEPT SAYING.ITS NOW GETTING INTO THE DISPUTED TERRITORIES WERE THEIR LOOKING AND THE INDIAN OCEAN.
THE MISSING PLANE MH370 SITUATION AT 8:25AM SAT MAR 15,2014
ONE ANALYST LADY NOW SAYS.THE NEW AREA WERE THE HIJACKING OR PILOT INVOLMENT OCCURRED.HAS ALL KINDS OF AMERICAN INTELLIGENCE.SHE SAID IN THAT AREA AMERICA SPOTTED OSAMA BIN LADENS CAR LICENCE PLATE.SO AMERICA SHOULD HAVE ALL KINDS OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLANE.SHE SAID IF AMERICA HAS NO INTELLIGENCE ON THIS PLANE.AMERICAS IN TROUBLE SINCE THEY HAVE SO MUCH RADAR AND AND INFORMATION IN THE AREA.THIS IS GETTING MORE SUSPICIOUS BY THE MINUTE.NOW AMERICA HAS ALL KINDS OF RADARS AND STUFF-INFORMATION AND NOT LETTING THE PUBLIC KNOW.WHAT IS GOING ON AMERICAN DEFENCE INTELLIGENCE.
Big area now in the Missing plane MH370-777-200
Najib also revealed this morning that new data showed the last communication between the missing plane and satellites was at 8.11am Malaysian time - almost seven hours after it dropped off civilian air traffic control screens at 1.22am last Saturday.It was flying across the mouth of the Gulf of Thailand on the eastern side of Malaysia, towards Vietnam.Najib said satellite data confirmed that an unidentified aircraft which later appeared on military radar off Malaysia's west coast before going out of range at 2.15am was flight MH370.
He said: "Up until that point at which it left military primary radar coverage, these movements are consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane."Analysis of this new information means they are now focusing the search on two corridors; one to the north, which stretches from Thailand to the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, and the other to the south from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.
China demands Malaysia give more accurate information on plane
1 hour ago-MAR 15,14-Yahoonews
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's foreign ministry said on Saturday it was demanding that Malaysia keep providing more thorough and accurate information about a Malaysia Airlines flight that was on its way to Beijing when it disappeared a week ago.China is also asking Malaysia to get more countries involved in the search, and that China will ask for other relevant countries to help look for the plane, the ministry said in a statement.Investigators believe someone aboard the airliner deliberately shut off its communications and tracking systems, turned the plane around and flew for nearly seven hours after it vanished, Prime Minister Najib Razak said earlier on Saturday.(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles: source-By Mark Hosenball-Mar 15,14-Yahoonews
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Analysis of electronic pulses picked up from a missing Malaysian airliner shows it could have run out of fuel and crashed into the Indian Ocean after it flew hundreds of miles off course, a source familiar with official U.S. assessments said on Friday.The source, who is familiar with data the U.S. government is receiving from the investigation into the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines plane, said the other, less likely possibility was that it flew on toward India.The data obtained from pulses the plane sent to satellites had been interpreted to provide two different analyses because it was ambiguous, said the source, who declined to be identified because of the ongoing investigation.But it offers the first real clues as to the fate of Flight MH370, which officials increasingly believe was deliberately diverted off its scheduled course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The Boeing 777-200ER was carrying 239 people.Two sources familiar with the probe earlier said Malaysian military radar data showed a plane that investigators suspect was Flight MH370 following a commonly used navigational route toward the Middle East and Europe when it was last spotted by radar early on March 8, northwest of Malaysia.The electronic pulses were believed to have been transmitted for several hours after the plane flew out of radar range, said the source familiar with the data.The most likely possibility is that after travelling northwest, the airliner did a sharp turn to the south, into the Indian Ocean where officials think, based on the available data, it flew until it ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea, added the source.The other interpretation from the pulses is that Flight MH370 continued to fly to the northwest and headed over Indian territory, said the source.
Because of the fragmentary nature of the data, U.S. officials don't know for sure which analysis is correct, although they believe the turn to the south is more likely, the source said.The source added that it was believed unlikely the plane flew for any length of time over India because that country has strong air defense and radar coverage and that should have allowed authorities there to see the plane and intercept it.Malaysian Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said on Friday he could not confirm the last heading of the plane or if investigators were focusing on sabotage.There has been no trace of the plane nor any sign of wreckage as the navies and military aircraft of more than a dozen countries scour the seas on both sides of peninsular Malaysia.(Writing by Dean Yates; Editing by Mark Bendeich)
Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate-By IAN MADER and EILEEN NG 1 hour ago-MAR 15,14-Yahoonews
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — The Malaysian jetliner missing for more than a week had its communications deliberately disabled and its last signal came about 7 1/2 hours after takeoff, meaning it could have ended up as far as Kazakhstan or deep in the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysia's leader said Saturday.Prime Minister Najib Razak's statement confirmed days of mounting speculation that the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was not accidental, and underlines the massive task for searchers who have been scouring vast areas of ocean."In view of this latest development, the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board," Najib said, stressing they were still investigating all possibilities as to why the plane deviated so drastically from its original flight path."Clearly the search for (Flight) MH370 has entered a new phase," Najib told a televised news conference.The plane was carrying 239 people when it departed for an overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing at 12:40 a.m. on March 8. The plane's communications with civilian air controllers were severed at about 1:20 a.m., and the jet went missing in one of the most puzzling mysteries in modern aviation history. Najib said investigators now have a high degree of certainly that one of the plane's communications systems — the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System — was disabled before the aircraft reached the east coast of Malaysia. Shortly afterward, someone on board then switched off the aircraft's transponder, which communicates with civilian air traffic controllers.The prime minister then confirmed that Malaysian air force defense radar picked up traces of the plane turning back westward, crossing over Peninsular Malaysia into the northern stretches of the Strait of Malacca. Authorities previously had said this radar data could not be verified.He then said the last confirmed signal between the plane and a satellite came at 8:11 a.m. Malaysian time — 7 hours and 31 minutes after takeoff. Airline officials have said the plane had enough fuel to fly for up to about eight hours."The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact," he said.Najib said authorities had determined that the plane's last communication with a satellite was in one of two possible "corridors" — a northern one from northern Thailand through to the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, and a southern one from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.He said that searching in the South China Sea, where the plane first lost contact with air traffic controllers, would be ended.The current search involves 14 countries, 43 ships and 58 aircraft.
Philippines rejects Chinese demand to remove ship
By TERESA CEROJANO 22 hours ago-MAR 15,14-Yahoonews
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — The Philippines on Friday rejected a Chinese demand that it remove a grounded navy ship from a disputed shoal in the South China Sea, saying the vessel is a permanent government outpost.China's coast guard prevented two Philippine civilian vessels from delivering supplies to the rusting ship at Second Thomas Shoal on Sunday, escalating tensions in the area. The Philippines and the U.S. have called Beijing's action provocative. The shoal is called Ayungin in the Philippines and Ren'ai Reef in China.The ship "was placed in Ayungin Shoal in 1999 to serve as a permanent Philippine government installation in response to China's illegal occupation of Mischief Reef in 1995," Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez said in a statement Friday. Mischief Reef is another Philippine-claimed outcropping in the disputed Spratly islands in the South China Sea."The Philippines reiterates that Ayungin Shoal is part of its continental shelf over which the Philippines has sovereign rights and jurisdiction," Hernandez said.Philippine officials have previously said the military hospital ship ran aground in 1999 on the shallow coral reef and could not be removed because of a lack of funds and capability. Friday's statement was the first acknowledgement that the ship was deliberately sent to the shoal as a government outpost.China claims virtually the entire South China Sea, resource-rich waters where other neighboring nations also have claims.On Thursday, a Philippine security official said the navy would send supplies on other vessels to the soldiers stationed on the grounded ship because the men were running short of food and water. The official, who did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to discuss the matter with the media, did not say when the supplies would be dispatched.He said a small navy plane had dropped several days' worth of drinking water to the troops."It's not that we're trying to court China's ire," he said. "We do not want to starve our people to death."