Saturday, February 15, 2014

GROWING SUPPORT FOR LEV TAHOR

JEWISH KING JESUS IS COMING AT THE RAPTURE FOR US IN THE CLOUDS-DON'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD.THE BIBLE TAKEN LITERALLY- WHEN THE PLAIN SENSE MAKES GOOD SENSE-SEEK NO OTHER SENSE-LEST YOU END UP IN NONSENSE.

OTHER LEV TAHOR PREVIOUS NEWS I DONE
http://israndjer.blogspot.ca/2014/02/response-from-ombudsman-to-my-lev-tahor.html

LEV TAHOR RABBIS DEPARTURE FROM QUEBEC TO ONTARIO CANADA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlYKt9qJvo

Grand Rabbi of Lev Tahor left Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Quebec on last Thursday, February 6, 2014, after his apartment in Chatham became ready to move in.The Grand Rabbi has remained in Quebec during the relocation of the community. Only the families with children within school age have left during that period.
Only a number of families have remained to maintain the properties.Here is a link to video of local neighbors parting from the Grand Rabbi, as well a short speech from the Grand Rabbi before departing.


My experience in starting a rally to support human rights


Dave Formosa of Chatham, is raising awareness about human rights with his rally for the Lev Tahor. The rally will take place outside the courts in Chatham on February 25th, from 1 to 3 p.m. Photo Facebook
I run a Facebook group called Cupcakes to Restore Humanity. I created the group as a method of repairing my faith in humanity. The group is a place where members can come if they need help with virtually anything. I remember shortly after the group was created it hit 20 members and I went to bed feeling very proud. When I woke up I was astonished to see 80 members overnight. The group now has almost 600 members! By doing so I am now labelled “the cupcake guy”. I knew the group was going to be a success when I realized my front room was continuously filled with donations and I was continuously driving around picking these donations up.A short time ago I was involved in a debate about the “Jewish Taliban”. I could not believe some of the things people could say about a group we knew virtually nothing about. This isn’t the Chatham I know, what happened to us? A few other members felt the same as I did and we decided that we should stand up and show support and welcome the members of the Lev Tahor to our community. After speaking with a few people and gathering ideas we decided on a peace rally. The goal is to try to get the community to understand the members of the Lev Tahor and not assume who they are based on media. The others from cupcakes to restore are great people with huge hearts. They have ideas and we put those ideas to work. We decided on the peace rally, hoping to achieve:
  • respect for the Lev Tahor
  • protecting rights that are being violated
My first time meeting a Lev Tahor member was with Uriel Goldman and Mayer Rosner. My knowledge of the group wasn’t the greatest and I was unsure of what to expect. I remember sending Goldman a text message to set up the meeting then asking myself,”does he even text?”. Sure enough I got a response he was excited to meet me and thankful I contacted him. When I drove out to meet with him I met Rosner in the office he informed me that Goldman was in the school and that he too would be joining us. When Goldman came up he had a plate full of kosher desserts. He offered me some saying “it’s not cupcakes but they are alright, not good either but alright”, followed by a laugh and a smile. We entered his office and began to discuss my intention to hold a demonstration. When I told him the ideas our group had, Goldman was happily surprised to see more and more people supporting them. He told me how he is amazed every day how people stop out at Spurgeon’s Villa to lend support.

Setting A Date

My concern with the rally was I did not have Lev Tahor input. They love the idea and not only because it is for them. Goldman mentioned, “It is a great idea because it is a positive message.” During the meeting, which was during school hours, I could hear children in the next room singing songs and learning from their teacher. Goldman insisted we join in the classroom to see how the children are taught. I declined not wanting to intrude. I could hear the children were busy and what sounded like fun laughing and singing songs. After getting the support from Lev Tahor members, I decided on a date of February 25th between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., in front of the Chatham courthouse at 425 Grand Avenue West.I created the event page and that is when the fun started. I had a few followers and plenty of negative feedback as well. I didn’t realize how hard it would be defending humans rights. That’s the one thing we are all born with, yet for the members of the Lev Tahor it seemed the community didn’t believe they deserved rights. I was torn between feeling the need to help the community understand or just letting people shame a whole community based on what they thought they knew of them from media stories.

Online Comments Discouraging

I decided to push forward and soon enough the attention was getting bigger. A reporter contacted me and released a story. When it first appeared I was thinking this is awesome, now people can be aware. That was quickly rerouted once some negativity began. People started making outlandish claims based on what they had heard in the media. I was shocked how people just hear or read something and automatically call it truth. I thought our society was stronger than that. After reading some comments and feeling pretty discouraged, I decided this isn’t who I am. I can’t sit back and let these claims linger as truth. I started replying back to some of the comments and quickly realized I have more support outside of the group than I initially thought. That and a few encouraging messages sent to me privately once again restored my faith in humanity.My response to the negativity is: The rally is for human rights. My initial goal was to avoid all allegations towards the group no matter how far-fetched that seemed. The purpose is to protect what they/we are entitled to. Through my group Cupcakes to Restore Humanity I have seen so much compassion from others that it is absolutely amazing. I want to extend that compassion to all groups of people. I know most of you have made up your minds about the Lev Tahor based on media reports. I expected some negativity out of this. I’m not the soft type of guy and this started out as, with a ‘lets see if we can help’ approach. During this process I have learned to be more and more compassionate, even typing this I’m holding back emotion. Which is hard as my heart weeps to the children, mothers, fathers and other group members. I weep for Chatham-Kent but most of all I weep for you Canada. If this groups’ rights can be violated so drastically, then living as Canadians that means you are just as much at risk in having your rights violated. There is no proof or evidence of child abuse and this group has been investigated for 18 months. They found no issues other than the education, which is why they came to Ontario. Educational issues that are the same as many people complained about in the Ontario school curriculum; including sexual education to grade one students. People stood up and said, “Wait a minute, that’s too young.” You had a right to stand up for how your child is educated. So why don’t they?

Human Rights Apply To Everyone

I want people to understand that this is about human rights that we all have and are entitled to. Please do not base your outlook on this group based on media reports about the Lev Tahor. We all have the right to free thought. I encourage all of us to use it. We are not programmable drones.Let’s heal Canada by healing the issues within ourselves. That is the only way to protect the children. I will continue pushing forward, despite the negativity, as I stand up for what I believe is the most humane approach. As one member of the group, Lisa Smith has said, “Please try to keep an open mind to all this. I know its hard to forget what you have read and heard from media, but you know the old saying ‘you tell two friends and they tell two friends’ and so on. Stay open-minded.” I agree with her. I believe an open mind is the key to an open heart. I encourage all of you to join the event. You can follow the event on Facebook or join Cupcakes to Restore Humanity and we will happily welcome you to the group, as a community should welcome new members.
Anyone interested in standing up for your rights,is invited to the event page on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1449453415272242/

Lev Tahor sect under police investigation since 2012

Quebec’s provincial police force has been investigating the LevTahor community for nearly two years, according to search warrants obtained by CBC and other media outlets that fought to have the documents made public.The documents are heavily redacted and provide no information as to the nature of the criminal infractions cited as a cause for the warrants — which led to a raid being carried out at two homes in Chatham, Ont., on Jan. 29.It’s also not public what was seized at the homes.
However, the documents say the Sûreté du Québec has been investigating Lev Tahor members since April 2012 – after receiving information alleging physical abuse of children and unlawful confinement of minors. It was also alleged that  underage girls were being forced to marry much older men.The allegations, which were never cross-examined in court, have not resulted in charges and members of the Lev Tahor group have always maintained they are false.According to the documents released Friday, the SQ opened an investigation in May 2012 and began interviewing witnesses.A young woman hospitalized in the Laurentians told hospital staff that she had been sexually abused.SQ reports also include allegations that children from other countries were brought to Ste-Agathe-des-Monts, Que., to be married.Former members of the sect told police they lied to immigration officials to get them in the country.The police documents also allege children were medicated, and hit with belts, crowbars and whips.LevTahor leaders told CBC News Friday they were aware that their community was under police investigation since 2012 — and they have nothing to hide.“They said a lot of allegations, and we said, ‘No problem. You want to investigate, we have no problem with that,’” said Uriel Goldman, a spokesman for the sect.“Investigate, but please, we ask if you don’t find [anything], close the files and leave us alone.”Dozens of LevTahorfamiles living in Ste-Agathe-des-Montspacked up their belongings in November, and moved in the middle of the night to Chatham, Ont.Two families were supposed to appear in court the following day to respond to allegations of child neglect.Lev Tahor leaders said members of the sect didn’t run away, claiming the move was planned long ago. The leaders say they co-operated with youth protection services officials in Quebec, even after moving to Ontario.A few days after the move, a youth court ordered the temporary removal of 14 children from the sect, at the request of youth protection services.An Ontario court upheld that decision earlier this month for 13 of the 14 children. However, the court gave the sect 30 days to appeal the decision. 

Chatham man organizing rally to show support for Jewish sect Lev Tahor 0


By Ellwood Shreve, Chatham Daily News
Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:53:41 EST PM
(Daily News file photo)
(Daily News file photo)

The founder of a local human rights Facebook group is hoping to show members of the Lev Tahor Jewish community there are local people who support them.Dave Formosa is organizing a Lev Tahor community peace rally on Feb. 25, near the Chatham-Kent Court House, from 1-3 p.m.
“It basically came about through Facebook,” he told The Chatham Daily News, noting there were posts on another Facebook group about a local resident who expressed negative experiences being a neighbour of members of the group.“That kind of brought on a lot of disrespect towards their community,” he said.Formosa, who founded the Facebook group, Cupcakes to Restore Humanity, said a posting about how one of the Jewish members was spat on by someone while shopping prompted him to take action.“That . . . kind of hit a soft spot for a lot of people,” he said. Controversy has swirled around the Jewish community since it arrived in Chatham in late November, from Quebec, just a few days before a child protection hearing was to take place. A Chatham judge recently ruled child welfare officials have the right to seize 13 children from the ultra-orthodox group and put them into temporary foster care in Quebec.Formosa said he met with members of Lev Tahor recently to ask how they would feel about a peace rally.Despite all the accusations about the group, Formosa said the message he received is “they can't believe all the support that Chatham is giving them.”Uriel Goldman, a Lev Tahor community organizer, said everyday people offer “good words,” adding he is approached by people everywhere from the doctor's office and bank to the grocery and gas station.“It's really, really nice that people understand . . . we really appreciate that,” he said.Mayer Rosner, a director with Lev Tahor, said the group has nothing to do with organizing the rally. He appreciates that people understand the heartbreak they are experiencing.He added people understand their feelings even though they are not of the same religion or look the same, and live a different lifestyle.“They're giving us a right to exist and taking the time to show support, it gives a very good feeling to us,” Rosner said.Formosa said, “basically, all we're trying to do right now is get people to understand that they are people, just like everyone else.”
He said Feb. 25 is the date members of Lev Tahor will be at the court house filing an appeal to prevent the children being returned to Quebec. He added at that time, members of Lev Tahor plan on thanking those in attendance at the rally for their support.

ALLTIME