Saturday, January 02, 2016
IRAN WILL CONTINUE HAVING ROCKETS TILL THE US AND ISRAEL PART WAYS.
OTHER GREAT STORIES
5 As birds flying,(WAR PLANES WITH BOMBS) so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem;(WITH PLANES) defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.(NUKE OR BOMB ISRAELS ENEMIES)
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet,(disolved from atomic bomb) and their eyes shall consume away in their holes,(disolved from atomic bomb) and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.(disolved from atomic bomb)
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.(1/2-3 BILLION DIE IN WW3)
ZECHARIAH 14:1-4 King James Bible
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
2 Gaza rockets strike open areas near Sderot-At least five rockets fired from Hamas-ruled Strip, no reports of injuries; local residents told to enter protected areas-By Times of Israel staff January 1, 2016, 11:30 pm
At least two rockets fired from the Gaza Strip struck open areas near the southern city of Sderot on Friday night, hours after two people were killed and seven wounded in a shooting attack by a suspected Arab Israeli gunman in Tel Aviv.A total of five rockets were fired, Channel 2 television reported. Three exploded before they crossed the border, the report said.There were immediate no reports of any injuries.Air raid sirens sounded in communities bordering the Hamas-ruled Strip shortly after 11 p.m., followed by reports of sounds of explosions near Sderot.Channel 2 said that air raid sirens had not sounded in Sderot. Security forces were searching the area for the landing sites, the TV said.Local residents were instructed to enter their protected areas after the attack, the Ynet news website reported.
Iran: ‘We’ll make missiles for as long as US supports Israel’-Revolutionary Guards head hits back at US threat of sanctions over weapons tests, says regime has so many missiles it doesn’t know where to put them-By Times of Israel staff and AFP January 1, 2016, 10:45 pm
Iran will keep producing missiles for as long as the United States supports Israel, the head of the Revolutionary Guards Corps vowed Friday, as a war of words between Washington and Tehran continued in the aftermath of Iranian rocket tests last week.The US had warned that the tests violated the terms of previously signed agreements as well as those of a July 2015 nuclear deal struck between Iran and world powers, and could result in fresh sanctions on the Islamic Republic. Washington has since said that plans for new sanctions were on hold.“Today the Americans speak about Iran’s missile development program and they want to impose new sanctions on Iran,” the semi-official Fars news agency quoted General Hossein Salami as saying in a speech during Friday prayers in Tehran.“We tell the Americans that we will further expedite enhancement of our missile capabilities as long as they massacre the Palestinian children, as long as they bury Yemen’s oppressed children in their houses, as long as they displace the Muslim nation of Syria, as long as they attack the houses of the Pakistanis, as long as they occupy the Islamic lands and as long as they support the Zionist regime to bomb Lebanon, Palestine and Syria.”Salami also said that Iran had so many missiles that it had nowhere to store them, AFP reported.“We lack enough space in our stockpiles to house our missiles,” he said. “Hundreds of long tunnels are full of missiles ready to fly to protect your integrity, independence and freedom,” he told worshipers in Tehran, promising to never “stop developing our defense deterrent.”Iranian state television aired in October unprecedented footage of such an underground missile base.Tehran on Thursday accused the United States of lying about it test-firing missiles near a US warship, as anger rose at the specter of new sanctions. The US has said that it has shelved plans for fresh sanctions. The Revolutionary Guards denied that its naval forces had been involved in the December 26 incident, in which the US said missiles came close to the USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.Meanwhile, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has ordered his defense minister to speed up the production of missiles, following the US warning of new sanctions — the first since the landmark nuclear deal was signed in July.Rouhani said Iran would not accept any curbs on its missile program.A US military official said an Iranian vessel had test-fired several ballistic missiles near three Western warships, including the aircraft carrier. A French frigate and the USS Bulkeley destroyer were also in the area.Though the missiles were not fired toward any warship, their proximity to them and several commercial ships — reportedly around 1,500 yards (meters) — was “highly provocative,” said the US official, who was not authorized to be named.Revolutionary Guards spokesman General Ramezan Sharif, quoted on the Guards’ website, accused the US of fabricating the incident — which reportedly occurred after Iranian naval forces announced via radio that the test-firing was to begin.“Publishing such lies in the current situation is more a psychological operation,” Sharif said.“The security and peace of the Gulf is of serious strategic importance to Iran. The Guards conduct exercises to increase our required preparedness at due times, based on our own schedule.”Ballistic missile tests by Iran are prohibited under Security Council resolution 1929, which was passed five years ago and remains valid until July’s nuclear deal goes into effect. At that point, in line with another Security Council resolution, passed immediately after the summer’s nuclear deal, Iran will be “called upon” to refrain for up to eight years from any work on ballistic missiles designed to carry nuclear weapons. Both countries agree that the missile program is separate from the nuclear deal, which rewards Iran’s agreement to curb its nuclear program with the lifting of sanctions.The Strait of Hormuz, a strategic Persian Gulf waterway, sees nearly a third of all oil traded by sea pass through it and has been the scene of past confrontations between America and Iran, including a one-day naval battle in 1988.
Suspect served time for trying to grab soldier's weapon to avenge cousin's death'-Suspect in Tel Aviv shooting is Arab Israeli from Wadi Ara-Gunman’s father, a police volunteer, recognized him in footage of the attack and called cops; police say it was likely terrorism, minister not certain By Times of Israel staff January 1, 2016, 8:33 pm
The Israeli security forces ascertained that the gunman who killed two people and wounded seven more in an attack in central Tel Aviv on Friday is an Arab Israeli from the north of the country.The killer was still on the loose on Friday night. A gag order prevented the naming of the suspect.Security sources identified the suspect as a 29-year-old resident of Arara, a village in Wadi Ara in northern Israel. The suspect’s father, said to be a security guard and a police volunteer, recognized his son in video footage of the attack, and called the police.The killer was acting out of “Islamist” motives, having been incited to violence, Channel 2 said.But his former lawyer and relative, Sami Milhem, told Channel 2 that the man was suffering from mental health issues. “He is not of sound mind,” Sami Milhem said. He confirmed that the suspect had previously served time in jail. The suspect’s father was a volunteer with the police, Milhem said. He said that he had last seen the suspect at a wedding about a month ago, and he had seemed “stoned.”Channel 2 reported that the killer’s cousin was shot dead in a police raid in 2006, when the cousin was found to be storing weapons. Subsequently, in a 2007 incident, the killer attacked a soldier with a screwdriver and tried to grab the soldier’s gun to avenge his cousin’s death, and was jailed for five years. After that incident, the suspect was given a psychiatric examination and found to require treatment, Israel Radio said. Relatives said he was depressed and had been working in various casual jobs of late.Security forces were conducting extensive searches for the man, as police bolstered its presence on the streets of Tel Aviv and scoured the streets for a sign of him.Another relative, Ahmed Milhem, urged him to turn himself in. The suspect’s father was being questioned by police late Friday.In his home village of Arara, the attack was widely condemned, Israel Radio said.Footage from the scene of the attack shows people sitting in a cafe on the popular Dizengoff Street, and running for cover when the gunfire begins. The gunman can be seen coming into shot, as he sprays the street with his automatic weapon.He had been filmed moments earlier in a natural foods grocery store, calmly removing the murder weapon from his backpack and stepping into the street. A Koran was later found in the backpack.The two victims were shot dead in the Simta Bar. One of them, Alon Bakal, was a manager. The second, 30-year-old Shimon Ruimi from Ofakim, was one of five long-time friends who were celebrating a birthday together.Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan declined to discuss the details of the investigation into the attack on Friday night, telling Channel 2 only that it was advancing. The residents of Tel Aviv should carry on as normal, he said, citing the huge number of police deployed to the city in the wake of the attack.Erdan said he could not confirm definitively that the shooting was an act of terrorism.The head of the Joint (Arab) List party, MK Ayman Odeh, condemned the attack on Friday evening.“It is heart-breaking to see the images from today. Even though we do not have all the details, we must condemn every attack on innocent civilians in the clearest and most unequivocal manner,” he said in a statement.
Tel Aviv mayor: We will not give up our daily routine-Ron Huldai visits wounded in shooting attack, including victims at a birthday party; city hall opens helpline for people suffering anxiety-By Times of Israel staff January 1, 2016, 5:45 pm
Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai vowed Friday that the city would carry on as normal, after a gunman open fired on a busy street populated with cafes and shops, killing two people and wounding five others.“The usual Tel Aviv Friday afternoon has been cut short. I came to the scene as soon as I learned of the incident, and later went to Ichilov Hospital,” said Huldai.“I met the young wounded people who had been out to celebrate a birthday and found themselves at the scene of a tragic shooting. Tel Aviv has always been a target for such events, and as always we will stick to our daily routine.”Tel Aviv is often viewed as the cultural hub of the country, and Fridays normally see packed cafes, restaurants and bars as Israelis mark the start of the weekend.The shots were fired at locations near the city’s well-known Dizengoff Center Mall, an area that is crowded on Friday afternoons. Witnesses said some 15 shots were fired in the attack, apparently in semiautomatic bursts from a Carl Gustav submachine gun.Eyewitnesses said the gunman fired into at least three establishments in the area — a bar, a restaurant and a cafe, and then fled. One of the cafe staffers said several people chased after him “but he disappeared” into a side street. Officers from the special police unit Yasam were out in force in the immediate vicinity, searching for the gunman.The municipality on Friday opened a helpline for any local residents suffering from shock or anxiety in the wake of the attack. Tel Aviv residents can call *9106 for assistance, city hall said.Israel Police Commander Roni Alsheich was also on hand at the scene of the attack, the Israeli media reported.
Israelis say sense of security lost as near-daily attacks persist-Poll finds 61% say level of safety has been harmed, while 71% express dissatisfaction at government response to violence-By Times of Israel staff January 1, 2016, 7:43 pm
After three months of near-daily shooting, stabbing and car-ramming attacks, more than half of Israelis say they have lost their sense of security on the streets, a new poll for the Walla website has found.According to the survey, conducted under the auspices of veteran Israeli statistician Camil Fuchs, 61 percent of Israelis feel that their level of security has been harmed or very harmed since the start of the current wave of violence. Twenty-nine percent of respondents said that their sense of security had not greatly been affected, while 9% said that it had not been affected at all.Asked about the political echelon’s response to the wave of terror attacks, 71% said that the government was not dealing with the attacks in a satisfactory manner, while just 19% said that the government was handling the situation well.Regarding Jewish terrorism, 58% said that they saw no difference between Jewish and Palestinian extremism, and that both should be dealt with using the same measures; one-third of respondents said they should be dealt with differently.Israel is on the verge of indicting a Jewish terror suspect for the July firebombing of a Palestinian home in the West Bank, which killed three members of one family.The poll questioned 610 Israelis — 501 Jews and 109 Arabs. The margin of error was not provided.At least 25 Israelis have been killed since the start of the current wave of violence, mostly in stabbings, shootings and car-ramming attacks. More than 130 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire, most while carrying out attacks or attempted attacks, and others during violent clashes with security forces.The most recent attack took place on Friday afternoon, as two people were killed and seven others wounded when an assailant opened fire on a busy street in central Tel Aviv, spraying bullets into packed bars with his automatic rifle. The attacker was identified as an Arab from northern Israel.
Netanyahu would lose majority if elections held today — poll-PM’s Likud would win just 25 Knesset seats in new vote, while Yesh Atid would leap from 11 to 18-By Times of Israel staff January 1, 2016, 9:58 pm
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party would bleed seats and leave him unable to form a government if elections were held today, a poll by the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper published Friday found.The survey, conducted by pollster Mina Tzemach with Mano Geva of the Midgam Institute, showed that Likud would today only win 25 seats, down from the 31 it won in the March elections, making it impossible for Netanyahu to put together a majority government. At present, the coalition comprises 61 MKs, giving it the narrowest of possible majorities in the 120-member Knesset.If national elections were held vote today, the poll found, some of Netanyahu’s coalition partners would also lose seats — the Sepahrdi, ultra-Orthodox Shas would go from seven to six, and Likud offshoot Kulanu from 10 to seven. Even projected rises for United Torah Judaism (up from six seats to seven) and the pro-settlement Jewish Home (leaping from its current eight seats to 12) would only yield Netanyahu a coalition of 57 MKs.The poll found that the situation would be worse for Likud if its former minister Gideon Sa’ar, long perceived as a leadership threat to Netanyahu, returned to politics and joined forces with Kulanu leader Moshe Kahlon, as the latter has recently suggested. A Kulanu party that included both current finance minister Kahlon and Sa’ar would win 12 seats, while Likud would lose nine from its current total.(A separate poll released Friday found that 71 percent of Israelis are dissatisfied with the government’s handling of the current wave of violence.) The Zionist Union would also take a massive hit if elections were held at present, according to the poll. The faction, an amalgamation of Labor and Tzipi Livni’s Hatnuah, would drop from its current 24 seats to just 18.The biggest beneficiary if elections took place now would be Yesh Atid, a key member of Netanyahu’s previous government before the prime minister fired its ministers and announced the March elections. The poll found that the centrist party, headed by former journalist and ex-finance minister Yair Lapid, would also claim 18 seats, regaining almost all of the eight seats it lost in March, when it shrank from 19 to just 11.The poll was conducted on December 28-19, 2015, and included 504 Israelis from a representative cross-section of the population. The margin of error was reported to be 4.5 percent.
Links to this post: